As a Contracting PLUS employee, claiming back legitimate business expenses is very straightforward.

Enter details regarding your expenses through our online portal along with uploading the equivalent receipts. Then we will check and approve the claim, paying you on the next payroll.

Submitting your receipts with Contracting PLUS is quick and easy to do. Instead of posting copies of your receipts to us, you simply need to take a picture of them and upload the images to the portal.

Contracting PLUS will reimburse only those expenses that qualify for tax relief. These expenses will be identified on your payslip as a separate payment and will be paid to you free of both tax and National Insurance.

Expenses that can be claimed

Contracting PLUS will pay necessary travel expenses incurred in the performance of the duties of the employment and expenses incurred in respect of necessary attendance at a temporary workplace. Contracting PLUS will also reimburse expenses other than travel which are incurred wholly, exclusively and necessarily in the performance of the duties of the employment.

Documentary evidence

On taking up employment with Contracting PLUS, employees will be provided with detailed guidance regarding the provision of documentary evidence. Generally speaking, full details of the journey must be supplied when claiming mileage relief.

See below some of the expenses you may qualify to claim. Once you sign up with Contracting PLUS, we will send you a copy of our expense policy.

Expense Guide:-

Travel expenses

Travel in the performance of the duties of the employment is where the employee travels during the course of the working day as opposed to travel to and from work.

Travel to and from work will qualify where the workplace is a temporary workplace as defined in law. Employees working for Contracting PLUS are expected to attend a series of workplaces within the employment and as such it is expected that the travel expense of getting to and from work will qualify for tax relief.

The claim must provide detail of the journey (e.g. postcode to postcode), the start and finish time of the journey together with miles travelled. Mileage relief will be granted using the rates approved by HMRC.

Travel by bus, train or other forms of transport must be accompanied by the relevant ticket. Travel by taxi may be granted but only where it can be shown that it was necessary and it must be supported by a receipt.

Where the travel expense qualifies for relief and it is necessary to stay away from home, reasonable overnight hotel expenses will be reimbursed. Full documentation must be provided in support of the claim.

Other expenses:-

Protective clothing

Items of clothing such as overalls, steel toe capped boots, helmets, Hi-Vis jackets and similar will qualify for relief and be reimbursed on production of documentary evidence. Laundry will be reimbursed on production of receipts.


HMRC will not grant relief in respect of contract phones – telephone expenses will be reimbursed only where there is an itemised bill and business calls can be identified.

Professional subscriptions

Will be reimbursed where connected with the job, where on the HMRC approved list and on production of evidence.

Training Courses

Must be job related and supported by evidence. Attendance on any course must be cleared with Personnel first.

Tools, equipment, consumables

Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed provided wholly exclusively and necessarily in the performance of the duties of the employment.


It is not possible to claim expenses for entertaining.

Eye tests

If you are required to use a VDU as part of your normal duties you will probably be able to claim for the cost of an eyesight test and the cost of spectacles or contact lenses required solely for VDU use. You will need to clear the expense with Personnel beforehand as there are some other provisions that HMRC insist must apply.

Once you become a Contracting PLUS employee you will receive our detailed expense policy.